Thursday, June 6, 2013

Babies abound

Our good lil'Blondie hatched 7 turkeys and 5 guinnea this morning. They are so cute!!!  I wish I could have gotten a picture of them all, but she is a fabulous mother and kept pulling them under her protective wings. 

My baby goats are doing better. We were able to manhandle the mother still and help the little ones get on her to nurse. Which is so much better than bottle feeding them. They get accustomed to the bottle quickly and won't go to their mothers. Now, if we can get them strong enough, they will "steal" the milk from mom whenever she holds still. Keep on praying for them. 

This morning I'm off to dental appointments with my two youngest. I will take along my hexies to work on. Then we are off to castle park for a picnic treat. 

Hopefully, I can fit some sewing room therapy in the day...somewhere. 

Have a wonderful day!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying reading your farming journey. We used to have critters when my kids were home but now we just have a few feral in the barn. They help control the mice. I hope your goats get stronger.

    ReplyDelete